Internships @ ALERT
Internships are an integral part of our Volunteer engagement. ALERT provides an ample opportunity for interns to take up measurable projects in the emergency response management space that encompasses a wide range of areas spanning from research work to building operational efficiencies in social welfare. Being a process driven organization, interns are also welcome to take up administrative assignment as the need may be. Our interns come from diverse professional and educational backgrounds, and are seen as integral contributors to the cause of saving lives.
The underlying assumption in all our partnerships with interns is that the experience with ALERT will enable them to continue to participate in the betterment of emergency response management in our society well beyond the course of internship. In that sense, the internship is recognized as a beginning of a much longer relationship between ALERT and the intern, as well as the institution they represent.
Internship aims to
- Provide opportunities to strengthen, scale up and build volunteer programmes
- Provide exposure for interns to the administration of a NGO in the Indian context
- Enable them to transform into committed volunteers in Case of Emergency after the internship program
- Provide an opportunity to interns, to put into practice and deepen their theoretical knowledge of development issues
- Provide the interns the platform to understand challenges that pose a threat to effective delivery of emergency response in an Indian context
- Give interns an opportunity to learn advocacy, researching, campaigning, networking skills and operational aspects of development work
Internship programs are designed to offer exposure to students and working professionals from varied academic and professional backgrounds. The design of an internship depends on both the interest and skill areas of the interns as well as requirements of ALERT.
What it offers
The interns get a chance to explore, know and contribute in important mainstream work of the organization ranging from public mobilization, fact finding researches, field exposures and documentation, pilot run project ideas, team playing,organizing events, media advocacy skills and many more.
The options mentioned are not exhaustive and can be various; there is scope for innovation and experimentation with novel ideas.
Internships are open @ Chennai and Bangalore
How to apply Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should be above 18 years of age
- Should be in college/ school pass out
- Should be able to put in a minimum of 4 weeks; 6 weeks or more is desirable
- Should give full time and intensive commitment
- Should believe in values upheld by ALERT - Respect, Transparency, Innovation, Accountability, Ownership, Working in Partnership